Our First Few Days: Poneloya, Nicaragua
Upon our arrival at our rental house in Poneloya we quickly realized there is a vast difference between the vacation rentals we are used to and this long term rental we have chosen as our first home in Nica.
Our 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom house is located directly on the beach. Rent is a mere $350 USD per month (which we thought was a steal of a deal), but unfortunately our house isn’t exactly set up how we imagined it would be. We have the bare necessities only and our “casa” could really use a good cleaning.
We’ve started a wish list of a few “nice to have ” things.
- a couple of chairs to kick back in while enjoying cervaza
- a hammock
- lightbulbs in all rooms
- some cleaning supplies
- a better equipped kitchen
- a ceiling fan in the bedroom that works
Admittedly we may have focused a bit too much on what we didn’t have on day one, but as day two in Poneloya comes to a close we already have a better appreciation for what we DO have:
- a comfy bed
- an amazing view of the beach from our bedroom
- a friendly caretaker next door who has two nice dogs
- a small fruit market close by
- surf directly in front of the house
- a local fish market just a short walk down the road
- a dozen small restaurants within walking distance
- amazing sunsets
- super chill and friendly locals all around
See you soon friends!